Happy Monday everyone! Now here’s a book I wished I’d discovered before I opened an Etsy shop. It is jam packed with useful tips.
Here’s a few:
- Make your banner in a photo app like Pixlr
- Use keyword rich words in title and no need to duplicate in tags too. Use shop name as a tag.
- Tell people where your work has been featured. For example, I would say my local coffee house Merli’s.
- Find out about buying a return address stamp.
- Add cost of shipping to product to offset high shipping cost. (That definitely applies to Canada)
- Is your profile warm and friendly?
- Get shipping quotes from post office and put in your policies
- Discount voucher for future purchases?
- Check www.craftcult.com/heartomatic.php for stats on your shop.
- Consider an Etsy Treasury of different seller’s stuff on one theme (sheep).
- DMOZ is a directory of websites you could list your shop on.
- Add shop photos to Flickr.
And tonnes more useful stuff.
Worth a try especially if you are new on there.
Here is a very inspiring video from an Etsy seller of five years:
Get your Etsy on 🙂